Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Eternity's Beginning

Hello Everyone!

I feel like I'm doing a lot of blogging this semester...and I think it's for the best, because I love writing, and I love what I write about. And maybe that's the beauty of blogging: I can write about so any different things!

Here I want to record thoughts I have about families: having been in one, what I want for when I start my own, and eventually keep track of what's happening in it currently (if I can ever graduate from college).

Something that I believe in, and would have everyone believe in, is that families can be eternal. As a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I believe that when two righteous people (a man and a woman) are married in the holy temple, they are married for eternity. They will not be separated by death, but will be sealed together forever.

I had a friend of mine ask me "well, why would you want to be with one person for eternity?"

My answer "Why would you spend your life with sunshine you wouldn't want eternity with?"

I believe that if two people are committed to a relationship that beautiful things can happen. When both are fully committed to each other, to their marriage, to their children (and most importantly), to their God, they will not fail. It doesn't mean that it will be easy or worry-free, only that they won't be torn apart by the trails of the world.

Call me a romantic (and I am one, so it wouldn't me incorrect), but I want eternity with someone. I can't imagine giving my now to someone who isn't worthy of my later. Now do I believe in "the one"? Not really, but I believe that there are several possibilities. God values our agency, or power to choose, and our eternity shouldn't hinge on whether or not another person is willing to get married or to live a righteous life. Now I do believe that God is very active in helping us find our mate, that He wants us to be successful.

So that's my desire: find eternity! Heaven cannot be heaven if you're alone. Yes I'd be with God and Christ which is more than I should hope for; yet I could not help but be sad if I were to be without my family. I do not believe God has given us that relationship only to take it away.

So that's why I'm writing here, to keep track of the things that I learn about eternity, and the things that will help me have my desired version of eternity.

-Shayla

No comments:

Post a Comment